This is an update to my 2018 post, where I am now using the new WP Recipe Maker plugin. This dish is easy to make, and yummy to eat.
It will probably feed 6 people, but I set it to 5 so that you would have ample portions.
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Ground Bison, or Veal, or Hamburger pick whatever you prefer
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 slices Bread crumbled up Gluten Free if you prefer
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Ketchup for the inside of the meatloaf
- 1/4 cup Ketchup to spread on top
- 4 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (15 twists of a pepper grinder)
- Preheat oven to 350deg
- Melt butter in skillet/ add some olive oil if you want so the butter does not burn. cook onion till browned stirring often.
- While onions are cooking you can mince the garlic. Then when onions almost done, put in pan and saute till garlic is done
- Take onion/garlic mixture out of pan and put in metal bowl so that it cools faster and the metal absorbs the heat. This is totally optional so if you don't want to do this step you can skip it. But the mixture needs to be cool before the next step
- Combine turkey, veal, bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper with onion mix in a large bowl.
- If preparing ahead of time, place meatloaf mixture in tupperware till ready for dinner (optional)
- Press meatloaf into a 8x4 in loaf pan or into a 9x13 glass baking pan. Better to put in low and wide so you get to cover more of it with ketchup
- Spread the extra ketchup on top. cover everything even the sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 deg over for 1 hour 5 min
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 min so juices absorb back in. (internal temperature should reach 165 deg. I never measure this, but you might want to know this.